Thursday, October 5, 2006

How to Increase My Credit Score Today

A few tips that are followed by good credit habits will help increase my credit score and yours.

Instructions

    1

    Knowing my credit score.
    Having an idea of where to begin will allow me to measure my credit score improvement.

    2

    Order a copy of my credit report.
    My credit report will display information that creditors, employers and others have submitted. It's in my best interest to know that the data is correct. To stay updated, I order a copy of my credit report quarterly.

    3

    Request my credit score.
    When ordering my credit report, I must request my credit score. A credit score is an added feature that will cost money in most cases. Even when requesting a free credit report by mail from Equifax, Experian, TransUnion or The Annual Credit Report Service, there is an additional fee for my credit score. My credit score is needed as much as my credit report, so I'll order both.

    4

    Review my credit report and credit score.
    Upon receipt, my credit report and credit score will be checked for errors. Approximately 80% of all credit reports contain errors or information that's not up to date, so I'll check them very carefully.

    5

    Increase my credit score starting today.
    Starting today my credit score will increase by following these tips:
    * Knowing my credit score is a must.
    * Ordering my credit score quarterly by using a credit monitoring service.
    * Paying all of my revolving credit balances below 25% of their high credit limits.
    * Keeping my inquiries to a minimum of 3 applications for new credit per 6 month period.
    * Reading articles and information on credit scoring.
    * Protecting my credit with identity theft protection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment