Saturday, January 19, 2013

What Is a Credit Score Based on?

A person's credit score helps determine whether a bank, credit card company or other lender will offer credit or a loan to a potential client. The higher a credit score, the better; a credit score may even affect employment, as many companies now check credit scores as part of the hiring process.

Payment History

    Paying bills on time is one of the most important things an individual can do to improve a credit score; neglecting to pay a bill by its due date will hurt the score.

Too Much Debt

    Having multiple credit cards or loans near the maximum lending amount will affect a credit score. Credit debt that is over 20 percent of a person's income raises concerns for many lenders, thereby lowering a credit score.

Length of Credit

    The longer a person has had credit in good standing with numerous lenders, the higher the credit score.

Too Much Credit

    Having too many accounts open, regardless of their balance, may negatively affect credit reports and scores.

Closing Accounts

    If a person closes too many accounts in a short period of time, it reflects poorly on a credit score.

Inquiries

    Multiple inquiries (or too many in a short period of time) often will hurt a credit score.

1 comment:

  1. I usually pay cash for stuff I buy. however i have quite a bit of debt due to my low income, how is that viewed when applying for a credit card. My credit score is constantly on a roller coaster and now severely suffering because my cousin has not been paying her monthly note as expected and myself has been skipping few bills. I applied for an American Express card, the application was denied.Though i had one many years ago, and i use it to pay my minor expenses ontime. This is the second time that I get denied. i have been monitoring my score and now i have My credit score at about 610 but i needed it to be upgraded for a CAR loan, just last week i saw a review on Facebook about this hacker who helped a lady to boost her credit score. i took his contact and mailed him asking him if he can help me fix my credit,Expectantly it was fixed and raised to 895 and all my debts has been rolled out.. (COMPUTERSPYEXPERTS @ GMAIL. COM) or (859) 7 8 0-3779, That's his email, should in case you need your credit fixed just like mine

    ReplyDelete