Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What Is a Person's Credit Score & How Is it Determined?

The Fair Isaac Corporation, also known as FICO, created the algorithm use to convert your financial history into your credit score. This credit score gets used by creditors as they decide whether to issue you credit.

Identification

    The credit score identifies the risk of a person defaulting on a future loan. According to the Fair Isaac Corporation, the credit score does not show whether a person will be a good or bad borrower.

Factors

    The FICO credit scoring model uses five weighted factors in figuring your credit score. Your payment history accounts for 35 percent, amounts owed counts for 30 percent, length of credit for 15 percent and your mix of credit and credit applied for recently each count for 10 percent.

Sources

    Financial institutions, such as banks, report information about your debt accounts, such as loans and credit cards, to the credit bureaus. The three major credit bureaus in the United States are Experian, TransUnion and Equifax.

1 comment:

  1. The criminal record on my credit deprived me of so many opportunities alongside 19 hard inquiries and about 15 derogatory items which messed up my report and lowered my credit score to low 544(TransUnion) 523(Equifax) 515(Experian). After my mum told me about CREDIT TRINITY CARE. I reached out immediately and complied with the proposal, after about five days I was asked to pull my report to confirm the job has been done. Yes...... my score is now 801 across the 3 credit bureaus and all of those things removed. I strongly recommend them to anyone who’s in need of credit fix. Email on: creditscoretrinity@gmail.com Or Text +1 385 758 4966

    ReplyDelete