Sunday, December 15, 2013

What If There Is An Error In Your Credit Report?

What If There Is An Error In Your Credit Report?

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, FCRA, you have rights as a consumer that entitle you to accurate reporting of your credit history. Both the credit reporting agency and the entity providing information about you are responsible for the accuracy of the information on your report. The Federal Trade Commission, or FTC, is the federal agency tasked with enforcing the FCRA, and can provide some assistance in correcting errors on your credit report.

Write the Agency

    The first step to take if you identify an error on your credit report is to inform the reporting agency, in writing, disputing the error. Include with your letter a copy of any documents that supports your contention that the report is in error. An error may be the amount due on an account, details about late payments or delinquent accounts, or charges you never made. There may be one or more errors in your report, in which case it may be helpful to include a copy of your credit report with individual items with mistakes circled. You should also obtain your report from the other major reporting agencies to see if they've duplicated the error.

Investigation

    Under federal law, the reporting agency has 30 days to investigate the charge once it receives your letter unless it is clearly a frivolous claim. In doing so, the credit reporting agency will contact the creditor providing the information and attempt to ascertain the facts. The credit reporting agency must provide you with a copy of its findings along with the name and address of the relevant information of the providers. The agency must also provide a free copy of your credit report if the error is corrected, and reports for up to the previous six months upon request.

Write The Creditor

    Even though the credit reporting agency will contact the creditor, you should not wait to contact them yourself, in writing. Send a letter similar to the one you sent to the reporting agency disputing the charge. This then forces the creditor to report your dispute of the charge to any reporting agency to which it provides information. Include with your dispute letter copies of any evidence you sent to the reporting agency. If the creditor determines that the disputed information is in error, it must submit a report to all three major credit reporting agencies.

Identity Theft

    If the error on your credit report is a charge you didn't make, it may be a sign of identity theft. If you suspect you've been the victim of identity theft, you should immediately call the reporting agency and place an initial fraud alert on your account. This will trigger all three major credit reporting agencies to send you a free copy of your credit report. It will also prevent anyone from opening a new line of credit in your name for 90 days, but won't prevent usage of existing accounts. You may have to close down an account that has been tampered with and file a police report. Filing an identity theft report with the FTC can facilitate the process with the police.

7 comments:

  1. Are you interested in any kinds of hacking services?
    Feel free to contact TECHNECHHACKS.

    For years now we’ve helped so many organizations and companies in hacking services.
    TECHNECHHACKS is a team of certified hackers that has their own specialty and they are five star rated hackers.

    We give out jobs to hackers (gurus only) to those willing to work, with or without a degree, to speed up the availability of time given to jobs!!

    Thus an online binary decoding exam will be set for those who needs employment under the teams establishment.


    we deal with the total functioning of sites like,


    • SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, google hangout etc.)

    • SCHOOL GRADES

    • IOS/OS

    • CREDIT SCORES

    • BANK ACCOUNTS

    • SPOUSES PHONE

    Our special agents are five star rated agents that specializes in the following, and will specially be assigned to you for a special job well DONE.

    • WESTERN UNION TRANSFER

    • CREDIT CARDS INSTALLATION

    • MONEY FLIPPING

    • CRIMINAL RECORDS

    • BTC RECOVERY

    • BTC MINING

    • BTC INVESTMENT

    Thus bewere of scammers because most persons are been scammed and they ended up getting all solutions to their cyber bullies and attacks by US.

    I am Jason williams one of the leading hack agent.

    PURPOSE IS TO GET YOUR JOBS DONE AT EXACTLY NEEDED TIME REQUESTED!!!



    And our WORK SUCCESS IS 100%!!!



    We’re always available for you when you need help.

    Contact or write us on:

    Technechhacks@gmail.com

    SIGNED....!

    Jason. W

    Technechhacks
    2020©️All Right Reserved

    ReplyDelete
  2. just want to show my appreciation to CYBERPROFESSIONALHACKER@GMAIL.COM as promised for helping me fix my
    credit report. I had an eviction judgment and quite a number of other negative items on my report with a low 564 credit
    score. These prevented me from getting a mortgage until I contacted him. After he finished working on my report in no time
    my credit score increased to 780 all the negative items on my report were deleted permanently and he added good stuff
    Mortgage tradelines Installment tradelines Revolving credit cards and Auto tradelines on my report I got the mortgage and
    You can contact him for similar help because he is reliable and efficient in his job.   Â

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say; I’m really impressed with their service. After using ovation for a while without any impact, I decided to give JERRYLINK CREDIT GROUP a try. I’m blown away with their service! I can’t believe they deleted all my collections and raised my credit score. I’m at 780 credit score and I applied for a credit card which was approved with a credit line of $5k and our dream of owning a house will come true soon. Before this, I’ve never had a credit card limit higher than $300.I strongly recommend their services. You can reach out to them via JERRYLINKGROUP@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was told that this company was a scam by a few people and that they don't work on your credit. Well let me say they are not, they did follow through with everything that I signed off on and talked about in my consultation. Hack West has gone above and beyond to do the right thing which is removing my repossessions, eviction and several charge-offs that I thought I could never get off. I learned more that I knew before with the credit building videos that had been sent to me. It didn’t end by deleting those negatives; my score went up 280pts within a few days. I have to say 100% I would always recommend HACKWEST AT WRITEME DOT COM to anyone that needs to build their credit fast. I was able to apply for a mortgage loan 2days after my credit was fixed and I got qualified. I am now living in my dream home. Their team has been nothing but professional and friendly and I can’t thank the whole team enough. Great job, Fresh Start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all I'm Paul, my wife Latisha had told me to sign with Hack West some days ago. Without any hesitation we gave HackWest@Wrieteme.Com the green light to work on our reports. Three days later, we realized hiring West was in our best interest since I am sick and tired of having below average credit. I haven't been able to get approved for a single credit card before now even though my income is six figures, but after West fixed my report, I’ve 3 good credit cards with a minimum of $8k limit. The many great things I had heard about Hack West reviews online have come true for both me and my wife. My Transunion is 810 and my other two credit bureaus are high 700s. With a combo of credit fixing and some killer tradelines this was possible within 8days. If you are still wondering if Hack West is legit then the answer is yes. Don’t forget to mention Paul Tate to West.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What more can I say working with XAPCREDITSOLUTION at GMAIL dot COM has been great. I won a prize and XAP has been fixing my bad credit. He is the TRUTH. He is the GOAT on fixing bad credit. I’ve had great conversations with him. I’ve gotten numerous negative items removed from my report. I’ve gotten school loans removed within 2 weeks as well as credit card debts. My credit score was restored from low 540 to high 700s. It took a very long time for me to get bad credit and I thought it would take time to get everything that’s negative removed but XAP did it in less than a few weeks. I would recommend anyone that really wants to get their credit repaired. XAP will make it happen and assist you in numerous ways to obtain higher credit limits, loans, e.t.c. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Guys!

    OFFERING FULLZ|PROS FOR YOU, FRESH SPAMMED NOV-2023
    ALL STATES OF USA
    CANADA STATES
    UK STATES

    & MANY OTHER COUNTRIES

    =>CONTACT DETAILS<=
    ICQ = 752822040 - @killhacks
    TeleGram = @killhacks - @leadsupplier
    Email = bigbull0334 @ onion mail . com
    Whats App = On demand

    ********************
    STUFF I'M OFFERING
    ********************

    SSN DOB DL ADDRESS WITH BANK & EMPLOYEE INFO (USA)
    SIN DOB ADDRESS (CANADA)
    DEAD FULLZ (UK|ITALY|FRANCE|CHINA)
    HIGH CREDIT SCORES PROS (700+)
    REAL ID SCAN FRONT & BACK WITH SELFIE
    CC WITH CVV & BILLING ADDRESS (USA|UK|CANADA|CHINA|FR|RUS)
    BUSINESS EIN COMPANY FULLZ
    YOUNG AGE FULLZ (AGE 2002 ABOVE)
    CLONING CARD DUMPS TRACK 101 & 202
    KYC|SBA|PUA|UI|TAX RETURN FILLING FULLZ
    SPECIFIC INFO FULLZ BULK (AGE|GENDER|CITY|STATES|ZIP)
    EMAIL LEADS (OFFICE365|AMAZON|PAYPAL|EBAY|CRYPTO|BUSINESS)
    COMBOS (OFFICE365|AMAZON|PAYPAL|BUSINESS)
    SERVER I.P'S & PROXIES
    OFICE365 LEADS|LOGINS & SMTPS

    *Legit|Guaranteed|Verified Stuff
    *24/hr service with customer support
    *Payment upfront, no refund, only replacement
    *Everything will be fresh & never used before
    *Stuff will be remove instantly after sold
    *Payment mode BTC|USDT|ETH Preferable or any crypto currency
    *BULK quantity offers available on low prices

    ICQ = 752822040 - @killhacks
    TeleGram = @killhacks - @leadsupplier

    ReplyDelete